The IMF is an international organization of 184 member countries. It was established to promote international monetary cooperation, exchange stability, and orderly exchange arrangements; to foster economic growth and high levels of employment; and to provide temporary financial assistance to countries to help ease balance of payments adjustment.
Useful information in global network:
- IMF official website (http://www.imf.org/external/country/lva/index.htm)
- Office of the IMF Resident Representative in Latvia (www.imf.org/riga)
- Memorandum of Economic Policies (MEP)
Current Memorandum Of Economic Policies
- IMF Spring and Annual meetings (http://www.imf.org/external/am/index.htm)
- Statements of the Nordic-Baltic constituency at the IMF Spring and Annual Meetings